Online registration is not available at this time.
This seminar is primarily for those who are new to starting a business. The topics range from your preparedness to go into business, legal requirements, and other basic functions in operating a business. Some of the major topics that will be discussed are:
* Are you ready to be an entrepreneur?
* What are the legal requirements to operate a business in Texas?
* What are the various taxes you need to be aware of as an entrepreneur?
* What type of entity should I form? (Corporation, sole proprietorship, LLC, etc.)
* Am I qualified for a loan to start my business?
This course is provided by the generous support of
The SBDC is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact the Lamar State College Port Arthur - SBDC at (409) 984-6531 for accommodations, or if you have questions about this seminar.